Is labiaplasty right for me?
What should I expect during my consultation?
At PHX Plastic Surgery, the satisfaction of our patients is our priority. That’s why we place a great deal of importance on your consultation. The goal of the consultation is to determine if a labiaplasty is the right choice for you. During your consultation, Dr. Johnson will explain the full procedure to you and will ask you several questions including:
- Why do you want a labiaplasty?
- Are you suffering any irritation or pain due to an overly long labia minora?
- What are your expectations for the procedure?
- What is your desired outcome?
- Do you have any drug allergies?
- What previous medical treatments have you received?
- Have you had any previous surgeries? If so, what were they?
In addition to asking these questions, Dr. Johnson will use your consultation to evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors you may have, discuss your labiaplasty options, recommend a course of treatment, discuss likely outcomes of a labiaplasty and any risks or potential complications, and answer your questions.
What should I expect before my labiaplasty?
Before your labiaplasty, you may be asked to get lab testing or a medical evaluation, take certain medications or adjust your current medications, stop smoking, and avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, and herbal supplements that may increase bleeding.
We will also give you special instructions about what to do the night before and morning of your surgery and regarding your post-operative care and follow-up appointments.