Breast Implant Revision or Removal
Am I a good candidate for implant revision/removal?
Implant revisions and removals are made for a variety of reasons. Below is a list of common conditions that bring women in for a corrective procedure:
- Treatment of capsular contracture—a rare but damaging effect made by internal scar tissue that is pulling at the implant, creating an externally visible, hard or misshapen area
- Replacement of a ruptured silicone gel implant
- Replacement of a deflated saline-filled implant
- Correction of asymmetry
- Desire to increase or decrease implant size
- Replacement of saline implants with silicone implants
- Correction of breast ptosis (sagging)
- Correction of an implant that has “bottomed out”
- Reshaping of the breasts (more fullness, less fullness)
- A desire to no longer have implants
If any of these or another condition has left you wondering about a revision or removal of your implants, call and schedule a consultation with PHX Plastic Surgery. We will take a careful medical history, listen to your experience and your desired changes, and speak honestly about your most realistic and safest options. As with most surgeries provided by Dr. Johnson, patients should be at a non-fluctuating weight, generally healthy, and able to talk about any future pregnancy plans as all these things can impact the results of your procedure.
Don’t pass on the chance for a consultation. For most women, renewed satisfaction with their breasts is possible. Call PHX Plastic Surgery of Peoria today. Your confidence and quality of life is worth it!